Saturday, October 27, 2012

Why #IDOMARATHON?

Anyone who knows me knows that when I want to do something I'm excited about it, talk about, the whole 9.  Once we launched the www.idomarathon.com website, I was of course on cloud 100! So happy about what me and my wife did and want to show it to the world.  I showed a co-worker our page, and her face was less than delighted.  And she asked..."Well why are you guys doing that?" And I said with a smile, "why not?"  She went on to tell me that I didn't need to be married for Chwanda to have rights in our relationship because it wouldn't be recognized anyway, not her exact words, but that's what my mind heard.   I just giggled and went into another room.

Who wants to just be in a relationship or just dating forever?  There are some people who don't mind it, I'm not one of those people.  Even if I was dating a guy, we are not just going to be in a relationship, for 10 years, 20 years...uhhh no...yo are going to have to make me your wife.  So the same thing applies to my wife...lol.  No getting free milk from this cow...you gonna have to buy it!!...lol.  I'm not a cow, but you get what I'm trying to say.  LOL

To me it really isn't about the number of times that we get married, because we did have a civil union on April 7, 2012 that had all the bells and whistles. It was a wonderful day for us.  The dresses, the cake, the family and the friends. But at the end of the whole thing we still weren't MARRIED, we were UNION-ED.  And that doesn't take anything away from that wonderful day, but it does.

So once same-sex marriage became legal in New York July 24, 2011, I thought it would be a great trip with the kids to ride up to New York and do it after our union in April 2012.  And me being me I always want more. So I look and see we can also get married in DC, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and New Hampshire.  So I say Bay, we can just make it a long road trip since they are all on our route or just a few hours from New York.  OOOh, and let's leave the country too!! So Montreal, QC was added to the list.  LOL

SO even though our home state of Georgia will never recognize Chwanda as my wife.  Me, her and our children will know the lengths we are going through to show them and the world, when you have something or someone you love, you will do whatever you need to do as your symbol of love and support and commitment for them.  So I don't care who else knows it, Chwanda is now and will always be my wife, and I will be hers!

Now keep in mind, we have 7 children between us. So it's more than just me and her running off and partaking in this.  We have a crew...lol.  So trust me, a lot of thought was put into doing this. 9 people...and 9 DIFFERENT personalities.... in a car for 11 days travelling the east coast...OMG and.wheeew!! We are ready for it!

Kacey


No comments:

Post a Comment